What is Windows Virtual Desktop?
Windows Virtual Desktop is a comprehensive desktop and app virtualization service running in the cloud. It is the only service that delivers multi-session Windows 10, simplified management, and
All you need to get your new WVD environment up and running are following two things:
- Properly and efficiently configured Azure infrastructure
- Appropriate Windows license to be fully compliant
What are the key benefits of Windows Virtual Desktop?
- The only multi-session Windows 10 environment
- Highly cost-effective virtual infrastructure
- Decreased management overhead to remain most productive
- Complete support for Remote Desktop Services Environment.
- The best service to virtualize Office 365 ProPlus running in multi-user virtual scenarios
- The only service to provide Windows 7 virtual desktop with free Extended Security
- Seamlessly virtualize both desktops and apps
How much do I have to manage?
Microsoft has turned WVD from IaaS to PaaS, hence, shortening the landscape of the management significantly.
How does the WVD solution reduce costs?
- WVD reduces customer costs by reducing Infrastructure, Licensing, and Labor costs.
- Multisession Windows 10 allows significant savings in compute resources, and
- WVD service replaces complex management requirements of RDS/VDI solutions.
- WVD is free to use with many existing licenses and you no longer have to pay for RDS CAL licenses.
- Labor savings are realized by the shift from IaaS to PaaS removing the need to manage core services
- like broker/gateway/web access etc. reducing management overhead.