Multi-factor Authentication (MFA) is a security system that requires more than one method of authentication to verify the user’s identity.
Before it was easy to hack the account password, after using MFA it’s intricate to break the passwords.
Advantage of MFA
2-Compliance with Regulation
3-Simplifying the Customer Identification Process
4-Stronger Security &Additional Layer Security
Types of Authentication
- Phone call: a call is made to the phone registered to users. In this case, the user will be prompted to answer the call and to verify that you can get access to by pressing the button # or entering a PIN code.
- Text message (SMS): is sent to the user’s mobile phone an SMS that has a pin code of 6 figures who must be entered during the authentication process.
- Notified by Mobile App: the user’s Smartphone is sent through Mobile App a challenge that must be approved by the user to complete the authentication process.
- Verification code via Mobile App: in this user’s Smartphone Mobile App generates a code of 6 digits each 30 seconds. The user would then put the latest code when that authenticates.
Reason to use MFA
As cyber-attacks increase in day by day and governments make more and more regulations to prevent fraud, businesses will find they can no longer afford to avoid using customer verification. For Reducing the number of data breaches we are using MFA.
Prerequisite of MFA
In order to use the Azure Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA), You must have access to a subscription Azure.
The hardware requirements as regards Multi-Factor Authentication Server Azure are minimal (200 MB disk space and 1 GB RAM), While the following software features:
- Operating System: Windows Server 2008 R 2 or higher
- Microsoft .NET 4.0 Framework
- IIS 7.0 or higher if you want to install the User Portal or the Web Service SDK
Step1- Select preferred option “Call my authentication phone number”
Step2- Enable Authentication phone & fill details
Step3- Verify preferred options
Step4- After verification, you got the call from the Microsoft Authenticator team
Step5- New Preferred Option-Select Text code to my authentication phone
Step6- Update Successful
Step7- Verify the Code from phone
Step8– New preferred option-Select Notify me through the app & click on the Setup Authenticator app
Step9- Configure mobile app
Step10- Install Microsoft Authenticator in Phone download from Play store
Step11- Add Account –Click on Work or school account
Step12- After Activating check the message then finish
Step14- Select New preferred option-”Notify me through app then save setting”
Step15-Verifying the app
Step16-Verify preferred option
Step17- Verifying app token
Step18- Verifying app or token
Step19- Update Successful